Thank you for wanting to put on an event for Athletes for a Cure and the Prostate Cancer Foundaion. We thank you for your efforts to fund prostate cancer research.
By clicking on “I Agree,” you are agreeing and warranting as follows:
- By registering with Athletes for a Cure to put on my own event, I agree that I have read, understand and will adhere to all program guidelines and requirements as described at www.athletesforacure.org.
- Funds will be collected through this website from individual donors by Causevox or Stripe and donated to the Prostate Cancer Foundation. I understand that all funds collected by me through the Athletes for a Cure program to benefit the Prostate Cancer Foundation, whether through the website or through off-line donation, must be donated to the Prostate Cancer Foundation. All donation checks should be made payable to the Prostate Cancer Foundation. Athletes for a Cure members may not take fees, commissions or salary. The Prostate Cancer Foundation requests that event check(s) be submitted within one month of completion of the event or project. No bank accounts or holding accounts may be established under the Foundation’s name. All monies raised for the Prostate Cancer Foundation must be obtained through legal means.
- I release, waive, forever discharge and promise not to sue the Prostate Cancer Foundation and its officers, directors, agents, employees and all others acting on their behalf, from all claims, demands, suits, actions and cause of action relating to any loss which I or my beneficiaries may sustain in any way connected with the use of the Athletes for a Cure website, including but not limited to, the transfer of funds using the website.
- Nothing in this agreement creates a joint venture, partnership, principal-agent, employer-employee or similar relationship between the Prostate Cancer Foundation/Athletes for a Cure and the registrant/registrant group, or any members of the registrant group.
- If an Athletes for a Cure member sells an item to benefit the Foundation, the item must be non-controversial and sold in a non-controversial nature. Determinations of what is deemed “controversial” will be made at the sole discretion of authorized agents of the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- Absent specific authorization from the Prostate Cancer Foundation, 100% of the event proceeds or item sales must be donated to the Prostate Cancer Foundation. In selected cases, the Prostate Cancer Foundation will consider an application by the Athletes for a Cure organizer to recover some portion of their event or item costs. In no instance will the Prostate Cancer Foundation authorize an Athletes for a Cure member to profit from the hosting of an event or sale of an item or to be compensated for services or time invested in the event organization. If the Prostate Cancer Foundation authorizes cost recovery, the public must be told the specific dollar amount or percentage from the sale of each item, entry fee or other event charge that comes to the Prostate Cancer Foundation. All printed materials and promotions must clearly state the amount that is being donated to the Foundation. (Example: “90% of your donation will go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation.”) Please note, there is an important distinction between “90% of your donation,” versus “90% of the proceeds of the event.”
- I grant permission for the use of my name, picture and/or biographical information (including, if applicable, prostate cancer diagnosis) and other content from my personal website in any broadcast, photograph, print publication, website, video or other account of the Athletes for a Cure program or the Prostate Cancer Foundation and its programs.
- I am solely responsible for my content. The Athletes for a Cure website acts as a passive conduit for my online distribution and publication. I understand that the Prostate Cancer Foundation has the right, at any time, to remove or take other action with respect to my content which it deems inappropriate or otherwise a source of potential liability. The content which I distribute will not:
- infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- violate any law or regulation;
- be defamatory or trade libelous;
- be indecent, obscene or pornographic;
- not contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
If the Registrant is a minor, the parent or guardian must agree to the below:
ATHLETES FOR A CURE MEMBERS’ EVENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Prostate Cancer Foundation assumes no responsibility for selling tickets for any Athletes for a Cure event. The Prostate Cancer Foundation assumes no responsibility for the hosting or organization of any Athletes for a Cure event. This means that, if the event fails to occur after a registration fee is paid or donation is made, the Athletes for a Cure member, not the Prostate Cancer Foundation will be responsible for any appropriate refunds.
- The Prostate Cancer Foundation assumes no responsibility for providing volunteers or filling administrative and staffing needs.
- Athletes for a Cure members are responsible for filing any necessary event permits and providing insurance coverage, if required, for their event. Athletes for a Cure members accept all liabilities incurred from their individual event. I understand that the Prostate Cancer Foundation may require that I obtain insurance coverage in order to proceed with my event.
- The Foundation will not compensate any non-Foundation employee in any manner in conjunction with a community fundraiser. The total cost to produce an Athletes for a Cure event should be 100% underwritten by the Athletes for a Cure member or a solicited sponsor.
- The Prostate Cancer Foundation retains the right to withdraw its approval and participation in an Athletes for a Cure event if the above guidelines are not strictly adhered to or if the, in its sole discretion, the Prostate Cancer Foundation deems the event as potentially detrimental to its public image or status as a charity.
EVENT PUBLICITY AND SPONSORSHIP
- All Athletes for a Cure fundraiser event publicity materials, including but not limited to: press releases, pitch letters, printed or electronic advertisements, save-the-dates and invitations, brochures, and any other form of event collateral must be submitted to the Prostate Cancer Foundation for review and approval before they are made public. Please allow two to three weeks for an initial response regarding approval from Foundation staff and understand that extra time may be needed for additional review after edits have been made.
- All Athletes for a Cure fundraiser event materials must make clear that the event is hosted by the Athletes for a Cure member as an individual. Materials may not state or imply that the event is being hosted by the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- The Prostate Cancer Foundation prohibits the use of its name and logo in Athletes for a Cure event materials without the express written permission of an authorized agent of the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- Athletes for a Cure members may not use the copyrighted information, trademarks or service marks of the Prostate Cancer Foundation without the express written consent of an authorized agent of the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- If Athletes for a Cure members choose to take out formal advertising, they are responsible for the costs. All proposed advertising (copy and graphics) must be submitted to the Foundation for review and approval before it is made public.
- The Foundation must be informed in advance of any corporations or businesses that the Athletes for a Cure member plans to approach for sponsorships or event underwriting/contributions, so as not to overlap with existing Foundation fundraising activities.
- The Prostate Cancer Foundation will not furnish contact information for members of the media or issue a press release to publicize a specific Athletes for a Cure event.
- In media outreach activities, the Athletes for a Cure member is responsible for emphasizing to the press that the event is hosted by the Athletes for a Cure member as an individual, not by the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- It is understood that the Prostate Cancer Foundation will not be responsible for providing any mailing lists, sponsors or speakers for the event.